LOCH LOMOND DISTILLERY - The first site of the former Loch Lomond distillery dates back to 1814, sited at the north end of Loch Lomond near Tarbet (known as Tarbat). Regretfully in the old days relatively couple of paper records were kept and the closing date of this distillery remains uncertain.
Loch Lomond Distillery was commissioned by the Littlemill Distilling Company in 1965 with first distillation in 1966. In 1984, the distillery closed - or fell silent, to utilize the traditional term. Happily though, Alexander Bulloch and the Glen Catrine company got business and resumed malt production in 1987. Grain whisky production began in 1993 and two new malt stills were added in 1999.